The world's population of honeybees has been on a steady decline over the past several years. There are multiple contributing factors. The growing use of pesticides on crops that the honeybees use for pollen and nectar foraging, the overuse of antibiotics and other chemicals in hives to treat and prevent bee diseases, and the diseases themselves, are all to blame.
We need bees, and I don't mean just us beekeepers...you need them too! Honey is usually the first thing that most people think about ceasing to exist with the disappearance of honeybees. Not only would we have no honey, but we would have no propolis, royal jelly or beeswax! Did you know that 30% of our crops worldwide and up to 80% of the U.S. food supply depends on pollinators such as honeybees? Without honeybees many of the fruits and vegetables that we all love would become nonexistent. Can you imagine a world without apples, avocados....or almonds?!
These gals live their lives providing us humans with many necessities that most of us take for granted...but bees have needs too! We want to give back to our tiny buddies for their service to us. Queen Farina has created the Bee's Kneeds Campaign to communicate the ways in which we are helping our pollinators, as well as give you ideas of how you can help!
What we're doing:
- We are beekeepers, honey bottlers, and the ones educating and entertaining you on this website! We are just crazy Italian sisters with fams, promoting bees any way we can!
- We educate our customers on the importance of keeping our winged girlies around through the use of social media, newsletters, this website and special invitations through which local customers get the opportunity to participate in one of our apiary inspections!
- We take extensive measures to protect our bees during the cold winter months so the colonies remain strong and thriving all year long.
- We provide pollinator-friendly forage for our honeybees and encourage you to do the same!
- With your support, we will do our part to increase the population of honeybees by adding colonies to our apiary each year.
What you can do to help:
- Educate yourself on the importance of saving our honeybees, then spread the word!
- Reduce, or even better, eliminate your use of insecticides.
- Plant a bee-friendly garden.
- Protect existing bee habitats.
- Support all beekeepers who are working towards a common purpose, protecting our bees.
- Check out other options below on how you can support our honeybees!